RSS Feeds

Subscribe in a reader


Boy’s Death Not Ebola, but Dog-eating

The people of Nedoweh are claiming that the 17- year old boy whose death was attributed to Ebola did not died of the disease, but a dead poisoned dog.

According to the Executive Director of the Tapoweh Foundation based in Margibi, Mr. Taberosa Tapoweh, residents told him that the dog was given to the boy to be disposed of, but he later took it away for cooking without any notice of the owner.

Speaking on Truth FM’s the Truth Breakfast Show in Paynesville, outside Monrovia, Mr. Tapoweh disclosed that while about ten homes were presently quarantined within Margibi County, many people in the town were still convinced that the boy died after eating the poisoned dog. He said three claimed by the Health Ministry to suspects of Ebola, also ate the poisoned dog along with the deceased.

He also added that people quarantined since 28 June to present have still not received any assistance to help them recover, further indicating that over 30 membersof the task force in Margibi were with those quarantine for counseling.

He further noted that the Ebola virus was still in Liberia, urging everyone in the Country not to be complacent, but continue to ensure adherence to prescribed preventive measures.
Meanwhile, Mr. Tapoweh has called on the Government of Liberia to continue to ensure more tests fort the virus, as well as further research on other carriers of Ebola, while urging local and International health authorities to focus more on communities supposedly affected. By Rewina Juduh - Editing by George Barpeen

The New Dawn Liberia | All rights Reserved